Monday, July 16, 2007

In this world of virtual conversations, we should all be carefull of what we say! I recently made a comment on a fun site I use, that someone I classed as a friend had a real go at me. I was told I was being disrespectful to the Australians. I wont say what I had said, as it would take forever to write down how and why, but suffice it to say, this person tore me down a strip for something in jest. This person happened to be a mod on the site who always said if you find something disagreable or hurtful to turn away and reply later. This person did not do this as the pm came to me almost instantly. This person then said perhaps my lifestyle here was in question, and maybe I should get out more. What right did this person have to say this to me? We had never met, only spoken on the web. This person had lived here at one point, but left for reasons that I do not know about. The living here and having a whale of a time gave the right to criticise me and my way of life here.

In a way, it has spoilt my enjoyment on the other site.


One site I love to visit is the Historical Fiction site. On it, I can speak to others in other countries: USA, Canada, UK and other parts of Europe. To have friendships all over the world is wonderful. *bug hugs* to all my web friends!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

That's too bad that happened to you. Try not to let it get you down too much!!